The excellent trigger precision shared by Blum's extended range of NC Touch Probes delivers real customer advantages
Touch probes from Blum-Novotest share the common operating principle of shading a miniature optoelectronic light barrier. This method used by Blum touch probes delivers unparalled precision and repeatabililty of the probe's trigger characteristics.
Conventional 3-point contact probe designs used widely by other manufacturers have an inherently lobed trigger characteristic, resulting in signfincant variation in trigger position and force in different directions. This characteristic demands careful attention to directional trigger calibration and/or spindle orientation to achieve repeatable measurement results.
The Blum non-contact optoelectronic switch design eliminates lobing of the trigger point and provides consistent trigger force in all directions. This delivers advantages in precision and speed that have been enjoyed by Blum touch probe customers for more than 20 years.
The many highly competitive features of the Blum touch probe range deliver key advantages to the machinist:
* Probing at substantially higher speed greatly reduces cycle times
* Even with very high accel. rates, false trigger signals are eliminated
* Non-contact switching eliminates accuracy deterioration from switch contact wear
* Low power consumption provides for over 100,000 cycles using a standard 9V battery.
* Highly reliable IR data transmission
* Robust probe design with coolant resistant double sealing system and a large stylus over-travel stroke
* IR compatibilty with BG40 bore gauge and Komet adjustable tooling.
The four models in the Blum touch probe range deliver these many advantages with specific features and sizes to suit a wide range of user requirements from general precision probing to ultra-precision and ultra-high speed probing.
For more information call IS Tecnik on +61 (0)2 9546 5676